This post contains affiliate links. If you follow my links and purchase anything, I will receive a small commission for the sale ♥
I can’t believe my Dinky is not so small anymore! With his sixth birthday approaching, I have started to think about what to get him for his birthday. It’s not until December, but with Christmas to think about then too, I like to get his birthday gifts in nice and early so I’m not rushing around.
Being a Mum of one, I always struggle to find gifts for Dinky because I’m never sure on what to get for boys, so some of these ideas might be out there. If you’re struggling for ideas for your little one, hopefully, this wishlist will help give you some ideas on birthday gifts for your little ones too (or dare I say it, Christmas!)
- Marvel always goes down a treat for little boys. The idea of being a superhero is super exciting. Why not consider getting them a fancy dress costume for them to race around in pretending they are their favourite superhero? You can grab one from this link here!
- Dinky loves colouring, drawing and writing at the moment. I struggle to get him out of his bedroom because he’s always drawing me something new, or writing an invitation for me to come to his “party.” If your child is the same, or they simply need new pens and pencils, grab them one of these large sets so they can carry on creating!
- One thing that I’ve been meaning to get for Dinky for some time, is a sensory light for his bedroom. He absolutely loves the one that me and Mr. Pie have in our bedroom, but unfortunately, it get’s quite warm so I wouldn’t want that in his bedroom. I came across this sensory light and I think it would be perfect for a birthday gift this year!
- Dinky is obsessed with having a “den” at the moment. Everywhere we are he wants me to create a den out of something. I think it provides him with a place to calm down if he is feeling particularly anxious. He also likes to play and pretend it’s his house with a kitchen and makes me food. I think getting him a mid sleeper bed with a den underneath would provide the perfect space for his bedroom for him to tuck himself away and play. Also, he needs a new bed so I’d be killing two birds with one stone here!
- Another thing that Dinky loves is cars. He’s at his happiest when talking about, playing with, being driven around, or even playing on our PS4 on Need For Speed. I’ve come across this handy little case full of cars that will provide storage for them too! Not that I expect the cars to go back in the case(!)
Some of these gifts I may not buy for him for his birthday, they might have to wait until Christmas! I plan on adding to this list as time goes on! I hope it has given you some inspiration for any gifts you may have to buy in the near future!